Monday, April 30, 2018
Thoughts on Steelers 2018 Draft
This past weekend, the NFL hosted the 2018 NFL Draft at AT&T stadium. The Steelers, had pick number 28 since they made it to the playoffs and Divisional round. Initially, I hoped that they would select linebacker Rashaan Evans out of Alabama or Leighton Vander Esch out of Boise State but, they got picked ahead of the Steelers, respectively. When I saw that the Steelers were out of options in the first round in terms of drafting a linebacker, my thoughts shifted towards drafting a Cornerback, preferably Josh Jackson, or a Quarterback, preferably Lamar Jackson. When our pick came around and we didn't select either of them and instead selected Terrell Edmunds, who was projected to go into the third round I was furious. To top it off, we let a talent like Lamar Jackson go to the Baltimore Ravens. I was not thrilled with the organization after day one but they quickly gained my trust back in the following rounds. Drafting guys like, Mason Rudolph and James Washington made me excited for this upcoming year and other years to come, to see how these guys will develop in our system and hopefully become contributors. Overall, I think the Steelers did a pretty good job drafting this weekend, and I can't wait to see what these young guys can do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What the Lakers Should Do
The Los Angeles Lakers have the opportunity to sign two superstars during the offseason but I don’t know if that’s in their best interest. T...
-
With the game being tied up, 58-58, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish called upon Arike Ogunbowale for the second time in three days. Just two ...
-
Hello, and welcome to Lorne's Log. My name is Lorne Alexander, a freshman at Slippery Rock University, majoring in Sport Management. Thi...
-
This past weekend, the NFL hosted the 2018 NFL Draft at AT&T stadium. The Steelers, had pick number 28 since they made it to the playoff...
Edmunds was shaky, but other than the first round, i like the draft.
ReplyDeleteI saw that other teams had Edmunds as a top 15 player in the draft and had him as a first round talent. So maybe the Steelers pick was a good value
ReplyDelete